RULESDriver may be nominated for Driver of the Month for any outstanding act of heroism, a contribution to
DRIVER OF THE MONTH NOMINATION
highway safety, an extraordinary act of courtesy, an exceptional deed or act of service to mankind within
the community reflecting positively on the motor carrier industry, or for a long period of safe and courteous
driving. An outstanding act shall be deemed to mean unusual or other than the normal every day
courtesies afforded by truck drivers.
ELIGIBILITY:1. The nominated driver must be an employee of a member in good standing of the South Dakota
2. The nominated driver must have been employed by the present employer for at least two years
and have a minimum of five years overall experience.
3. South Dakota domiciled* drivers are eligible for nomination for an outstanding act performed in any
*The intent of the word "domiciled" shall be interpreted to mean: Any driver reporting to or regularly
dispatched from a terminal within the State of South Dakota (in keeping with Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Regulations definition of his home terminal) regardless of where the driver may dwell.
4. A driver may receive the Driver of the Month award only one time in any contest year. He/she may
be renominated in any subsequent year.
5. Nominations for outstanding acts on the highway shall be accompanied by supporting evidence
(letters, statements, news clipping, etc.). A clear, factual account is absolutely necessary. Vague
generalizations will not be accepted.
6. A copy of recent driver motor vehicle record check must accompany the nomination.
7. Drivers nominated and not selected as Driver of the Month will be held over and used in the
following month's selection. Nominees not selected in either of these two months may be renonimated
for any future month's selection.
8. Entries must be in the office of the South Dakota Trucking Association no later than the 1Oth of
each month for that current month's contest.
9. Nominations may be made by any party, but must be approved by the employer or a representative
of the employer.
10. The annual contest will run from September of the previous year through August of the current
11. Company agrees to submit a professional, head and shoulders, black and white photo of entry
upon notification of winning. (3" X 5" preferred)
Please link on link below to download a pdf of the Driver of the Month Nomination Form or Rules.